What types of businesses should operate from Coast beaches and parks

Sunshine Coast Council is seeking input from residents and visitors to help understand their views on businesses operating on council-controlled public land.
From Monday 10 September until Sunday 30 September you can have your say and help council develop a new, simple and equitable application process, before current permits expire on 30 June 2013.
Service Delivery Portfolio Councillor Ted Hungerford said the comprehensive engagement program would help council to determine the types of activities that can take place at various locations.
“Last month, council conducted a Registration of Interest process where prospective business operators outlined their interest in conducting business on council-controlled land,” Cr Hungerford said
“This information has now been reviewed to determine the types of activities that are possible on public land.
“The need for this type of process was highlighted by council when it reconsidered its Commercial Use of Community Land policy last year.
“Now we are inviting the broader Sunshine Coast community and visitors to the region to have their say on the use of community land for commercial purposes.
“This is your opportunity to help council establish how much activity, what type of activity and in what location, that community space should be offered for commercial use.”
Once council has agreed on locations and activities, all interested parties will be invited to submit an application when the 2013 Commercial Use of Community Land application process is advertised in March next year.
Feedback can be submitted online via council’s website, or by completing a feedback form available from council libraries and Customer Contact Centres.
Feedback forms must be received by Sunday 30 September.
Email completed forms to commercialuse@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au or mail to Sunshine Coast Council, Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre 4560.
Council will also be undertaking on the spot surveys at various locations throughout September.
For further information, visit council’s website or one of council’s Customer Contact Centres.