Australia’s best wines and winemakers will emerge on the Sunshine Coast for a stellar tenth anniversary line up at the Noosa International Food and Wine Festival, running from 16-19 May 2013.
The festival will feature over 200 wines from 40 wineries where the stars of Australian winemaking will share their knowledge with enthusiastic consumers and wine buffs at the many and various wine-focused events throughout this year’s four-day food, wine and lifestyle program to delight amateur cooks, serious foodies, lifestyle enthusiasts and families alike.
In a truly a unique opportunity for people to meet and interact with their favourite winemakers, organisers have pulled out all stops for the 10th anniversary event, with new highlights in 2013 including:
• A world-first Gala Opening Concert, ‘Edible Music’, combining the talents of several of Australia’s most acclaimed musicians with ten of the world’s foremost chefs from the S. Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurants list.
• Two Qantas International Degustations featuring ten chefs from S. Pellegrino World’s Best Restaurants list and six of Australia’s leading chefs.
• Salute to Ten Years Degustation featuring chefs from our first food and wine festival.
• Three sublime Sunset Concerts with drinks and canapes at the iconic Noosa National Park Lookout, followed by dinner at three of Noosa’s premium restaurants.
• A Japanese/Indian Lunch with matched beers from Asahi and Kingfisher.
• The new Barefoot Beach Marquee on Noosa’s Main Beach will host some fabulous new events including the Australian final of the World Class Cocktails Competition, World Class Food & Cocktail Pairing Dinner and a Seafood Feast on the Beach.
Festival favourites are still on the menu; including Lifestyle Lunches, Riverside Picnics, Wine Masterclasses and Guest Chefs at Sunshine Coast’s Restaurants and, returning for 2013, is the hugely popular Top Tastes of Queensland Lunch, featuring the best of Queensland wines, chefs and produce.
Onstage entertainment once again features a stellar line-up, with the talents of Timomatic, Jane Rutter, Taryn Fiebig, Mahogany, Thomas Crane with Queen Bohemian Rhapsody, The Fabulous Singlettes and Martini Club providing the perfect celebration atmosphere.
Minister for Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games, Jann Stuckey, welcomed the premier food and wine festival back to Queensland in 2013 and congratulated the event’s organisers on a decade of success.
“Through plenty of hard work and determination, the Noosa International Food and Wine Festival has gone from strength to strength over the last ten years and has grown into a much anticipated, culinary tourism event,” Minister Stuckey said.
“In 2013 visitors will be offered a fantastic program which will showcase some of our best regional produce and also position the Sunshine Coast as a great event and holiday destination.
Festival Director, Jim Berardo, is thrilled with the focus of the 2013 festival, saying he is proud the event has built to something recognised as truly world class.
“The Festival originated to acknowledge and promote Australian produce, wine and talent. Now Australia has a real presence in the world of food and wine and we have recognised this by the overseas talent that we are bringing to the Sunshine Coast,” Mr Berado said.
“As we get set to kick off our first decade of Noosa food and wine festivals, we have really tried to push the envelope to celebrate our tenth year with new iconic events and program inclusions that are so much more than just food and wine.”
General Admission tickets are $40 (adult) or $20 (accompanied child under 13) and will include Celebrity Chef Cooking Demonstrations, Culinary Exhibition, Courier Mail LIFE Annexe, Food Critics Cooking Competition and the live entertainment program.
One of the best ways to experience the Festival is with a Weekend Gold Pass which includes VIP Admission for Friday’s Westpac Welcome Cocktail Party, Saturday and Sunday with entry to hospitality pavilions and preferential concert seating.
Or, for the ultimate Noosa International Food and Wine Festival experience, indulge in four-days of food, wine, lifestyle
Download the new festival app or visit the website for the full program and online ticket bookings at www.noosafoodandwine.com.au or call (07) 5455 4455 for further information.