Register now if interested in using council land for business

Sunshine Coast Council - Queensland - Australia

Sunshine Coast Council - Queensland - Australia
Sunshine Coast Council

Sunshine Coast Council wants to hear from anyone interested in conducting business from council-controlled land. Registrations of Interest are invited until 31 August.
The Registrations of Interest process will help council gauge the level of interest in the use of council-controlled land for commercial purposes. Council will look at how much, and in what location, community space should be offered for commercial use.
Council will assess the information and determine the types of activities that can take place at various locations – a need highlighted by the review of council’s Commercial Use of Community Land policy last year.
Service Delivery Portfolio Councillor Ted Hungerford said with current permits due to expire on 30 June 2013 council is also developing a new Application process to obtain a permit to conduct business on council-controlled land.
“The results from the Registration of Interest will help shape and inform the Application process to ensure it is robust, fair and simple,” Cr Hungerford said.
In March next year, all interested members of the community will have the opportunity to submit an Application when the 2013 Commercial Use of Community Land application process – including the agreed locations and activities – is advertised.
Cr Hungerford said commercial use of community space has significant impacts on local business, the environment, local residents and visitors to the region.
“This is why council will undertake a comprehensive community engagement program involving multiple stakeholder groups, including business operators, tourism organisations, relevant State Government agencies and the Sunshine Coast community,” he said.
“The Registration of Interest from interested businesses is the start of this engagement and I encourage participation. Registrations close on 31 August.”
For further information, or to register your interest, visit council’s website or one of council’s Customer Contact Centres.