LNP Candidate for Fisher Mal Brough says the September 7 election is a clear choice between more of the same from Labor and real change from the Coalition.
“A united local LNP team is focused on delivering more jobs and job security, reducing the cost of living and providing a real plan to grow our region,” he said. “In contrast, the Labor party is offering higher taxes, higher unemployment, more debt and deficit and has shown no commitment or interest in the future of the Sunshine Coast.
“The choice between the major parties could not be clearer. Warren Truss in Wide Bay, Ted O’Brien in Fairfax and myself will work together as a team to advance the interests of the Coast.
“At this election, the Coalition offers strong, experienced and stable government, a stronger economy, stronger borders, a stronger Australia and a better future – for all Australians.
“Labor is offering just more of the same: more talk, more chaos, more division, more debt, more deficits and more taxes.
“Only the Coalition can form the strong, stable government to deliver a stronger economy with more jobs, real help for families and small business, lower taxes and secure borders.
“We are getting a positive response in Fisher and throughout Australia – people want a government that can deliver more jobs and a stronger economy.”
Mr Brough said the Real Solutions Plan laid down 10 clear actions the Coalition would take to make the country stronger and families more secure:
- Build a stronger, more diverse economy with lower taxes, less waste.
- Get the Budget under control
- Help families get ahead by freeing them from the carbon tax
- Help small businesses grow by reducing business costs
- Build a Five-Pillar economy
- Generate one million new jobs over the next five years and two million new jobs within 10 years
- Build more modern infrastructure to get things moving
- Deliver better health and education services – with local communities in charge
- Build a 15,000-strong Green Army to clean-up the environment
- The boats will stop – with tough, proven measures not talk from proven boat failures.
Mr Brough said he will be campaigning every day between now and the election on the positive choice offered by the Coalition at this election.
“It is only by voting for the Coalition that our community can get a strong voice in a better government.”