The Noosa Jazz Festival starts today and continues till Sunday, 2nd of September, 2012, at various indoor and outdoor venues across the Noosa region. Here’s a schedule of the highlights:
• Friday and Saturday nights at the Main Stage at Noosa Lions Park will be simply magical. If you love the Cat Empire you will love Friday evening with BULLHORN, with the Barksdale Brass and BUMP DJ Roland West. Bringing together all things funky, horny and swingy, for one huge night, this one will go off. Tickets are only $12.50 per person.
• Saturday Night will see the queen of sultry swing and dance, Grace Knight performing with Liam Burrows, our newest jazz sensation who was recently named 2012 Jazz Artist of the Year. Both events have a fully licensed bar. Tickets start form $42.50 per person.
• You can catch free live music, drinks and awesome views all weekend long at the Sunset Beach Bar, right on the sands in front of the Noosa Surf Club. You can also see some sensational rising stars at the Star Search contest, with heats on Friday & Saturday and finals on Sunday. Andrew Lawson will then hit the Surf Club stage at 6pm Sunday night.
• Don’t also forget the free concert in the Noosa Lions Park on Saturday, and the free Father’s Day Jazz in the Park on Sunday.
• RACV Resort will host the legend lunches on Saturday with Gil Askey, Motown Jazz Legend who has worked with so many stars including Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, the Jackson Five, Gladys Knight and many more.
• Sunday’s lunch will feature Ed Wilson who achieved fame from his days with the legendary Daly/Wilson Big Band. Both events are two course lunches with a welcome drink and a performance for $72.50 per person which are not to be missed.
• The Jazz River Cruises have some amazing talent and fantastic music running throughout the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So pop on MV Catalina and experience Noosa from the glorious river’s point of view. Tickets start from $17.50.
Of course this is only just a small glance at all the things happening . The lineup for the 2012 Noosa Jazz Festival is nothing short of amazing. Tickets will be available over the weekend, but pre-book now to avoid disappointment as the Festival is selling out fast. www.noosajazz.com.au
With over 200 performances there is a lot happening – here is a few highlights of great events to photograph or film.
11.30am Jazz Parade through Hastings Street
12.00pm Tastings on Hastings – where Hastings Street turns into a pop up restaurant!
12.00pm Youth In Jazz at the Tingirana Stage, Lions Park through to 5.00pm – this free concert will showcase some great talent from schools throughout Queensland
3.00pm Start of the Star Search Competition Concert at the Sunset Beach Bar on Main Beach with X Factor Grand Finalist Andrew Lawson
4.00pm Jazz Party at the bicentennial hall
5.00pm Jazz River Cruise above the MV Catalina
6.00pm Bullhorn and Barksdale Brass Band – a high energy concert at the Tingirana Stage in the Lions Park – till 9.00pm
6.15pm James Morrison and band at Berardo’s
7.00pm Lauren Lucille Duo at the Noosa Yacht and Rowing Club
9.00pm Gil Askey Trio at Rococo on Hastings Street
12.00pm Legends Lunch at the RACV Noosa Resort featuring Gil Askey & George Washingmachine
2pm Star Search Contest – Sunset Beach Bar – Main Beach – Contestants, Andrew Lawson (judge)
3pm Youth in Jazz – River Stage at the Tingirana Stage, Lions Park
4.15pm Bicentennial Hall – Shuffle Club & others
6pm Grace Knight and Liam Burrows Concert
1.30pm Tingirana Stage, Lions Park for the afternoon
2.00pm Sunset Beach Bar Main Beach with Star Search Finals
5.30pm River Jam aboard the MV Catalina
6.00pm Live Performance by Andrew Lawson at the Noosa Heads Surf Club