The ALP candidate for Fisher, Bill Gissane, will be meeting Hinterland voters at the Maleny Community Centre tomorrow, 17th August from 10:00am.
Mr Gissane has been a frequent visitor to the Hinterland since he announced his candidacy in August 2012.
“The people of the Hinterland are the forgotten heroes in this campaign.” Mr Gissane said.
“One of my opponents has the slogan ‘For the Coast’ and completely neglects to mention the needs of the people who occupy the railway towns, the ranges and along the Mary River. I have been spending my time talking to people in Maleny, Mooloolah, Peachester and Witta to name just a few the locations I have visited.”
Some of the issues raised with Mr Gissane to date include…
- The effect of the downgrade of the Sunshine Coast University Hospital on Hinterland families
- How the NBN will improve communications in the Hinterland
- How the Better Schools program will take Queensland kids to a better level of education
- Protecting the remaining precious areas of our environment
- Mr Gissane will be looking forward to discussing these and other issues with the locals.