State Member for Caloundra Mark McArdle is calling upon the Caloundra community to nominate suitable persons for the Caloundra Electorate Community Awards for 2014.
“I held the inaugural awards last year and they proved to be a great success. Given their popularity, I am now committed to ensuring the awards are delivered each year in the Caloundra electorate,” Mr McArdle said.
“In my role as Member for Caloundra I witness many people, committees and organisations undertake much admirable work throughout the year to benefit our great community. I believe it is important to take time out to acknowledge and celebrate such efforts.”
Nominations for awards across the following eight categories are now open and will close on Wednesday 12 March:
- Community volunteer of the year
- Community group of the year
- Business achiever of the year
- Young business achiever of the year
- Sport achiever of the year
- Community event of the year
- Young achiever of the year
- Environmental contributor of the year
The awards ceremony will be held on Friday 21st March 2014 at the CCSA Hall in Nutley Street.
Entries may be submitted using this form: Caloundra Electorate Community Awards Nomination Form 2014