Lifeline volunteers can learn new skills, make friends, give back to the community and engage with other like-minded people. Volunteering at a Lifeline Shop or Distribution Centre means you are helping to support Lifeline and other UnitingCare Community services in Queensland.
Shop duties may include:
- sorting clothes, bric-a-brac and accessories
- folding, hanging and ironing
- register operation (if confident handling money)
- general customer service
- furniture restoration
Distribution Centre duties may include:
- volunteer electricians (only at Kunda Park and Caboolture distribution centres)
- truck assistance – loading and unloading
- general warehouse tasks
- furniture repairs
If you think you have got the skills and motivation to become a Lifeline Shop or Distribution Centre volunteer, please contact your local Lifeline shop and ask for the manager.
For a list of Shop numbers go to www.lifelineshops.com.au or contact Maria at Kunda Park Distribution Centre on 5409 1400 or Annette at Caboolture Distribution Centre on 5431 4860.