Twenty Lifeline Shops and two Distribution Centres stretching from Gympie to Caboolture are looking for additional volunteers to help run the store.
Lifeline volunteers can learn new skills, make friends, give back to the community and engage with other like-minded people. Volunteering at a Lifeline Shop or Distribution Centre means you are helping to support Lifeline and other UnitingCare Community services in Queensland.
Shop duties may include:
- sorting clothes, bric-a-brac and accessories
- folding, hanging and ironing
- register operation (if confident handling money)
- general customer service
- furniture restoration
Distribution Centre duties may include:
- volunteer electricians (only at Kunda Park and Caboolture distribution centres)
- truck assistance – loading and unloading
- general warehouse tasks
- furniture repairs
If you think you have got the skills and motivation to become a Lifeline Shop or Distribution Centre volunteer, please contact your local Lifeline shop and ask for the manager.
For a list of Shop numbers go to www.lifelineshops.com.au or contact Maria at Kunda Park Distribution Centre on 5409 1400 or Annette at Caboolture Distribution Centre on 5431 4860.