If you want to achieve personal growth, improve your self-esteem while gaining professional experience, then volunteering with Lifeline Shops could be a good match for you!
Volunteering with Lifeline can improve your confidence through workmate and customer interaction, working as part of a team and dealing with the different issues that arise in a shop environment.
Personal growth can be achieved by improving motivation, sense of investment in your community, and by providing leadership opportunities.
The transferable, professional skills that can be gained while working in a Lifeline Shop can help with other job opportunities.
Volunteers are needed at all Sunshine Coast and Caboolture Shops and at both Distribution Centres weekdays, weekends – whichever you’d like!
When: Whenever you have time – but regular hours can be negotiated.
Where: All Sunshine Coast and Caboolture Shops ranging from Burpengary out to Woodford and Maleny and up to Gympie and all the Coast suburbs and towns in between. Shop locations are listed at www.lifelineshops.com
What: We are looking for enthusiastic people, willing to follow instructions from the Shop Supervisor to assist in shop operations.
Here are the top ten reasons many people volunteer:
- Volunteering promotes personal growth and self-esteem.
- Understanding community needs helps foster empathy and self-efficiency.
- Volunteering enriches your life by investing and strengthening your community to make it a better place to live in.
- It provides leadership opportunities to give back to your community and gain a sense of belonging.
- Volunteering offers the opportunity to share your expertise and gain a new skill set.
- It brings people together from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal – building camaraderie and teamwork.
- Volunteering enhances your quality of life.
- Volunteerism offers an incredibly rewarding experience.
- It is an opportunity to explore new personal interests and goals.
- Volunteering is an opportunity to have fun and try something new.
To volunteer at any of the Lifeline Shops or Distribution Centres in the Gympie, Sunshine Coast and Caboolture areas, please phone Maria on 5409 1400.