Division 5 Councillor Jenny McKay said the Mooloolah community will have the opportunity to provide feedback on the future design of the Mooloolah Recreation Reserve Master Plan.
“We acknowledge the Mooloolah Recreation Reserve is an important facility to the local community as it has the potential to provide a key recreation, community and active living space for all to enjoy,” Cr McKay said.
“We will look at the current usage of the site and population projections to make sure it meets the current and future needs of the surrounding area.”
Cr McKay said a copy of the draft Master Plan will be on display at the Mooloolah Community Centre from Friday 17 August until 3 September.
“We will have feedback forms available for the community to contribute their ideas on how they currently use the area and importantly what they would like to see it used for in the future.
“For the convenience of the community we will also have a manned information stall outside the Mooloolah IGA from 10am to noon on Saturday 18 August and from 5.30pm to 6.30pm on Tuesday 21 August 2012.
“Community feedback will contribute to the vision for the future use of the site and will be forwarded to council for final endorsement.”
The Mooloolah Recreation Reserve is located on Way St, Mooloolah. The scope of the Mooloolah Recreation Reserve Master Plan includes the Mooloolah Recreation Reserve and the area immediately to the east of the Reserve currently the Mooloolah Pony Club. The key guiding principles of the Master Plan include:
- Retaining the character, amenity, cultural and historical relevance of the site
- Protecting the ecological values including the biodiversity and water quality of the Mooloolah River tributaries
- Maximising access opportunities for community and recreation activities
- Providing non-competitive recreation facilities
- Consideration of environmental sustainability initiatives
- Providing flexibility in design to accommodate for future use and growth.