Businesses and individuals can self nominate, or another business of their choice, online or by phone until 5pm, Friday 31 August, 2012. The Gala Awards Presentation Evening will be held on Saturday 10 November, 2012.
Nominees will be considered across 18 different award categories covering all forms of business, tourism, Outstanding Business Person and Outstanding Employee of the Year, Export and Innovation. A Small Business of the Year and Enterprise of the Year will be selected from the overall category winners and one business will be inducted into the prestigious SCBA Hall of Fame.
Nominees to date hail from all over the region, from Noosa to Caloundra and the hinterland.
Queensland Trade and Investment Regional Export Advisor, Ross Tilly encouraged all Sunshine Coast businesses to take advantage of the opportunity to further promote their business or service – particularly in the export or innovation categories.
“As well as local business, the Sunshine Coast has a diverse range of exporters with innovative products and services that are competing successfully in global markets,” Mr Tilly said.
“Awards such as these assist in building brand credibility and company reputation when entering into new markets.
“Overseas customers have less ability to evaluate your offering first hand; hence winning awards provides extra confidence that your company is the right choice.”
President of the Maroochydore Chamber of Commerce, Ross Hepworth said that the awards had been specifically tailored to be ‘user friendly’ for busy business people to enter.
“The nomination process takes less than a minute to complete and once a nomination is accepted, entry submissions are able to be completed online – in stages if desired – or mailed to us before the judging begins, Mr Hepworth said.
“The Sunshine Coast Business Awards are about recognising excellence across all levels of business from the sole operator to a large, multi-national firm.
“Small to medium businesses make up the majority of our business community so we have a broad range of categories some of which include Lifestyle, Retail, Food and Beverage, Creative Industries, Training and Knowledge Development as well as the more traditional categories such as Building/Manufacturing, Professional Services and Tourism.
“It costs nothing to enter the awards but the value of being a finalist or a winner as far as staff morale, profile and potential increased business are concerned could be enormous.”
The 2012 Sunshine Coast Excellence in Business Awards categories include:
- Building/Manufacturing (eg: Construction; Building Services; Manufacturing; Suppliers and Contractors; Engineering; Town Planning and Surveying).
- Professional/Business Services (eg: Legal; Medical; Accounting; Financial Planning; Finance; Mortgage/Insurance Brokers; Real Estate; Business Broking; Human Resources; Distribution Companies)
- Creative Industries (eg: Audio-Visual; Media; Digital/Social Media; News Media; Advertising; Marketing; Communications; Craft and Visual Arts; Design (fashion, graphic, Urban, architectural, industrial, interior); Film and Television; Music; Performing Arts; Writing and Publishing; Software; Smartphone Applications and Video Games).
- Training, Knowledge and Development Industries (eg: Biotechnology; Education; Training and Teaching; Industry Development Advice; Information; Communication Technologies; Research and Development).
- Environmental Industries (Water; Waste; Energy; Recycling; Natural Environment, Soils)
- Food and Beverage Production (eg: Regionally Grown Producers; Dairy Producers; Beverage Producers; Seafood/Aquaculture Producers; Confectionery/Bakery Producers; Value-Adders; Livestock Producers)
- Lifestyle Services (eg: Hairdressing; Beauty Salons and Day Spas; Business/Life Coaches; Fitness Centres; Health Retreats)
- Retail/Specialist Services/Home Based Vendors (eg: Retail – large department stores to single operators; Markets; On-line home based businesses; Network Marketing; Trade Services)
- Hospitality (eg: Cafes/Coffee Shops; Restaurants; Food outlets/services; Catering; Wholesale Food Suppliers; Businesses involved in a service of welcoming/ hosting or entertaining guests)
- Tourism (Accommodation)
- Tourism (Attractions)
- Tourism (Experiences)
- Outstanding Business Person of the Year
- Outstanding Employee of the Year
- Small Business of the Year (selected from the category winners)
- Enterprise of the Year (selected from the category winners)
- Hall of Fame
To nominate your business, yourself or another business in the Sunshine Coast Business Awards:
- Nominate online www.scbizawards.org or by phone on 5443 5661