Sunshine Coast Council rates notices will have started to arrive in letterboxes for 155,000 Sunshine Coast properties this week.
The mail out is the second rate run of the 2011/12 financial year with rate payments due by 24 February.
Council continues to make it as convenient as possible to pay rates with a range of payment options available including:
- Online at anytime of the day or with Post Billpay, or via BPay if registered with your financial institution
- By phone using a credit card on 131 816 from anywhere in Australia
- In person at any branch of Australia Post, with cash, cheque or EFTPOS
- In person at one of council’s Customer Contact Centres open from 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday (locations listed on the bottom of your Rate Notice)
- By mail using cheque or money order to Sunshine Coast Council Locked Bag 72, Sunshine Coast Mail Centre 4560.
To assist with your online or over-the-phone payments please have your payment reference number from your rates notice handy.
Ratepayers who cannot make payment by the due date can enter into an arrangement to pay by instalments. As long as you meet the conditions of the arrangement, council will not charge any interest on this current half-year’s rates.
For rates enquiries, you can email council via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (07) 5475 7542 between 8.15am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
For more information about your rate notice, visit council’s website at www.sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.