State Member for Maroochydore Fiona Simpson welcomed news of funding wins of almost $150,000 for deserving community groups in the Maroochydore Electorate.
Ms Simpson was delighted to congratulate the following groups on their successful grant applications from the Gambling Community Benefit Fund:
- Coolum Community Kindergarten & Pre-School Association $20,776
- Maroochydore Tennis Club Inc $11,500
- Pacific Paradise Progress Association (North Shore Community Centre) $28,537
- Sunnykids Inc $24,969
- Sunshine 60 & Better Group Inc $31,818
- Sunshine Coast Helicopter Rescue Service Ltd $30,786
Total for Maroochydore Electorate $148,386
Funds were awarded for a variety of purposes such as renovating buildings and bathrooms, purchasing furniture and white goods and even for a motor vehicle and specialised safety equipment.
“It’s great news to hear that so many worthy not-for-profit groups in my electorate have been rewarded for their hard work and effort,” Ms Simpson said.
“Groups like these make a significant contribution to our local community and I’m sure they will put these funds to good use.”