The Noosa Long Weekend Festival (14-23 June, 2013) is so popular that this year, for the first time in the event’s 12 year history, ticket sales have been segmented into two release dates to help the organisers’ manage demand. The annual 10 day cultural celebration will have a total of more than 85 events, with tickets for 22 of the events, including the opening night act, Bobby Fox’s ‘4 seasons in 1 night’, going on sale from 9.00am today (Friday 22 March, 2013).
Hot off the stage from his critically acclaimed, national performance as Frankie Valli in Jersey Boys Australia, Irish born singer, dancer, actor and television star, Bobby Fox will head to Noosa, Queensland in June 2013 for the Queensland premiere of his brand new show, ‘4 Seasons in 1 Night’.
Bobby will open the 10 day Noosa Long Weekend Festival at the J Theatre on Friday 14 June at 7.30pm and then return for a second show onSaturday 15 June at 7.30pm. Bobby will be accompanied by a four piece band and two backup singers.
Details of all early release events can be found on the festival’s website www.noosalongweekend.com
Early birds and culture vultures will be swooping in on the first round of tickets making sure they are able to secure a spot at their favourite events; the remaining events will be released for sale on Friday 3 May, 2013.
The annual 10 day cultural celebration is well known as one of Australia’s leading regional arts festivals and is further enhanced by being staged in one of Australia’s most desirable resort locations.
True to the festival’s reputation as a multi-arts genre event, early release events encompass a wide range of entertainment options including music, theatre, cabaret, drama, dance, forums, literature, food, film, supper clubs, workshops and even a Viennese Ball.
Festival Director, Ian Mackellar said that the two-stage ticket release was designed to assist patrons with advance planning their festival experience as well as easing the historical “ticket sale traffic jam” when the full program is released.
“Based on previous festivals, many of our events sell out within hours. This year we’ve decided to extend the ticket sale period to provide more of our patrons with the opportunity to secure tickets to their chosen events, Ian said.
“The vast majority of our early release events take place at ‘Festival HQ’, also known as The J Theatre, Noosa. Due to the size of the venue there are only a few hundred tickets available for each performance. I would remind audiences of the old adage of ‘you snooze, you lose’. History dictates that all events will be sell outs.
Ian reiterated the festival’s ongoing commitment to “making the arts affordable and accessible to all,” as evidenced by ticket prices starting at just $15 with a series of free events also scheduled in the festival program.
“As well as the amazing events just announced, we have plenty more surprises up our sleeves for the full program release on May 3. I am quite sure that there are not going to be too many people getting too much sleep during those 10 days in June”, Ian laughed.
Noosa Long Weekend Festival fast facts:
- The 12th Noosa Long Weekend Festival takes place from Friday 14 – Sunday 23 June 2013.
- Tickets can be purchased at www.noosalongweekend.com or from The J Theatre box office Noosa (in person, by phone 07- 5455 4455 or online at www.thej.com.au)
- The festival comprises 10 days (and nights) of music, theatre, dance, literature, forums, film, food, visual arts, supper clubs and workshops staged at various venues in and around Noosa Heads, Queensland.
- A selection of events will be released for early sale on Friday 22 March, 2013.
- The full festival program will be revealed and released for sale on Friday 3 May, 2013.
- Over 85 ticketed and free events will be on offer and in excess of 12,000 tickets will be on sale.
- Over 250 local, national and international artists, authors and guest speakers will participate in the 2013 Festival.
- Special festival accommodation packages are available. See the www.noosalongweekend.com for details.
- Follow the festival on Facebook or Twitter.