Businesses and individuals who have been watching the clock and have not yet entered the 20th Sunshine Coast Business Awards (SCBA) can breathe a sigh of relief. The deadline for completed entries has been extended to 5pm Wednesday 17 September 2014 (previously 29 August). Entries are free and can be completed online at www.SunshineCoastBusinessAwards.com.au
Following the successful completion last week of the ‘How to enter SCBA’ workshops, SCBA Awards Manager, Melinda Shelton said that the decision to extend the entry deadline was made as part of honouring the 20th Anniversary of the Awards and in support of the new award categories.
“We have been delighted with the quality of entries already received and know this is going to be our best SCBA yet, Melinda said.
“This year our new award categories have meant that we’ve heard from some businesses that have not considered being part of the awards in the past.
“It is this diversity of businesses that makes our region so unique, and why we are still celebrating business excellence 20 years on.”
Melinda said that although over 300 nominations had been received across all categories, she encouraged more businesses in the Creative and Clean Tech industries to consider submitting an entry.
“These industries are currently a little underrepresented in the nomination pool and we know that they make a significant contribution to our local economy.
“It’s certainly worth entering SCBA as many businesses tell us that the process of submitting a nomination represents an opportunity to conduct a ‘health check’ on their business. Being a finalist or winner has also seen many businesses go on to be successful in other state or national awards.
“As an added bonus there’s all the fun of the famous SCBA Gala Award Celebration which attracts over 600 people each year. This is a great opportunity to network with fellow business owners, media representatives and our wonderful sponsors.”
SCBA Finalists will be announced in early October before the winners are presented with their trophies on Saturday 15 November.
SCBA 2014 Fast Facts:
- SCBA is open to all Sunshine Coast (including the Noosa Shire) businesses that have been operating for 12 months or more.
- SCBA entries can be completed online (and in stages – over days or weeks)
- To enter, visit: www.SunshineCoastBusinessAwards.com.au
- SCBA categories can be found on the website and include Building & Manufacturing; Clean Technology; Creative Industries; Food & Agribusiness; Health & Wellbeing; Knowledge Industries & Professional Services; Retail & Specialist Services; Tourism – Accommodation, Attractions, Experiences; Festivals & Events; Innovation; Export; Outstanding Employee of the Year and Outstanding Business Person of the Year.
- Businesses can self-nominate or nominate a business or individual of their choice
SCBA Diary dates:
- Nominations and entries open: NOW
- Entries close: 5pm Wednesday 17 September
- Judging: September-October
- Finalists announced: early October
- Winners announced: 15 November at the SCBA Gala Ceremony. Tickets on sale: late September
For more information:
- www.SunshineCoastBusinessAwards.com.au or call 5443 5661.