LNP candidate for Fisher Mal Brough has laid out a plan to build a stronger region with better roads and improved services and security and a stronger economy unencumbered by red tape and taxes.
“I will continue to campaign and promote my Local Plan as part of a positive and united Coalition team led by Tony Abbott,” Mr Brough said. “Our Plans will help to make Fisher residents better off. Only a vote for the Coalition will rid Australia of a bad government and get the positive change the people of Fisher want. Labor has no plan, just more debt, more taxes and more unemployment.”
My commitments to Fisher residents include:
• Upgrade works on the Bruce Highway within four years (as part of $1.1 billion total funding) including:
Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway – Stage 1 part construction ($200 million);
Caboolture to Sunshine Motorway upgrade – planning and design ($50 million);
Caboolture to Caloundra upgrade including upgrade of the Pumicestone Road interchange and construction of a new interchange to replace intersections at Roys Road and Bells Creek Road – ($122 million).
• Launch three Green Army projects to tackle local environmental issues in Fisher including:
Maleny Community Precinct Rehabilitation and Community Access.
Dune and Coastal Rehabilitation from Sunshine Beach to the Pumicestone Passage.
Bells Creek Riparian Rehabilitation Project.
• provide $150,000 funding for CCTV technology to help fight anti-social behaviour in Beerwah and Landsborough.
• invest $125,000 over five years in Surf Life Saving Clubs in Fisher for lifesaving equipment.
• deliver $25,000 to Kawana Soccer Club to upgrade their playing field and fund drainage works.
• work with local fishing industry to cut green and red tape that is strangling their business.
• identify priority mobile phone coverage black spots and apply for funding to improve coverage.
• launch a fair and equitable NDIS.
• lower small business taxes.
• cut red tape.
• scrap the carbon tax.
• remove the proposed Fringe Benefits Tax on company vehicles.
• provide improved broadband to the Coast sooner and less expensively.
• end the waste and debt.
• stop the boats with proven policies.
• restore residents’ faith in Fisher’s Federal representation.