The 32nd Immanuel Arts Festival, kicks off this evening with the Gala Opening and is shaping up to be the biggest and best yet!
Hosted by Immanuel Lutheran College, the festival is recognised as the largest community arts event on the Sunshine Coast and will open to the public from 16-19 May. One thousand pieces of art including sculpture, painting, photography, mixed media, creative and wearable art from over 300 Sunshine Coast artists will be on display and available for purchase.
This year’s feature artists are:
Di West (Artist in Focus) specialising in paint and sculpture
Tricia Taylor (Artist in Residence) specialising in pastel painting and acrylic
Some of the highlights are:
- The Gala Opening event on Thursday 16 May from 7.00pm. Channel 7 news reader Joanne Desmond will MC the event which will be officially opened by Mark Darin, co-host of the number one breakfast radio show, Mark and Caroline for Breakfast on 92.7 Mix FM.
- Over $5000 in cash and prizes available for the winning artists including $1000 for Most Outstanding Work of Festival, proudly sponsored by Millroy Jewellers
- Tricia Taylor (Artist in Residence) will run a series of workshops throughout the festival
- Immanuel’s Earthbound Installation, a collection of artwork from over 800 students, will be on display
- A fundraising raffle for local cancer charity Beautiful You is offering an original David Hart painting valued at over $1000 for the lucky winner
- A luxury hinterland experience will be available for three lucky couples who cast their vote in this year’s People’s Choice Award.
“The 32nd Immanuel Arts Festival will showcase over 1000 works of art by more than 300 local artists. With artist workshops offered throughout the festival, live entertainment and a café which is open all weekend, this is a brilliant day out for all the family,” said Festival Convenor Sonia Parker.
“Tickets are still available for the Gala Opening, which is a wonderful evening where guests enjoy fine wine, canapés, entertainment and are the first to preview and purchase the art on offer,” said Mrs Parker.
What: The 32nd Immanuel Arts Festival
Where: Immanuel Lutheran College, 126-142 Wises Road, Buderim
When: Thursday 16 May, 7pm (Gala Opening)
Friday 17 May, gallery open 9-5pm
Saturday 18 May, gallery open 9-5pm
Sunday 19 May, gallery open 10-2pm
Entry: $5.00 per person 17-19 May
Further information and tickets to the gala are available at www.immanuelartsfestival.com.au